New Mexico Action Coalition
This New Mexico Action Coalition has been convened by the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action, a collaboration created by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the AARP Foundation.
Every New Mexican deserves an exceptional nurse when and where they need nursing care. the NM Action coalition is a true coalition of organizations and individuals whose passion drives the advancement of nursing as a strong ally and partner to improve health in the state.
Work at the state level to implement the recommendations of the Institute of Medicine’s report "The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health”.
Action Coalitions are the driving force of the campaign at the local and state levels, forming a strong, connected grassroots network of diverse stakeholders working to transform health care through nursing. Backed by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and AARP, the Campaign for Action is driven by evidence-based recommendations from the Institute of Medicine.
|Joie Glenn, RN, MBA, CAE
|Board President, NM Center for Nursing Excellence
Already in place or underway:
- Progressive Nurse Practice Act, particularly for APRNs
- Residency Programs (hospital based; Rural Nurse Residency Program).
- Nursing Education Reform. The NM Nursing Education Consortium has developed a state plan for nursing education that promotes BSN entry-to-practice education across the state through community college/university partnerships, common/shared curriculum, and efficient use of education resources (funding, faculty, technology, students).
- Leadership: NM Organization of Nurse Leaders; NM Center for Nursing Excellence
NM Action Coalition Leadership areas:
- Education Reform: Take the lead on engaging clinical and community partners to support the state plan’s implementation.
- Engaging nurses in lifelong learning.
- Nursing workforce data.
IOM Report - the Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health (summary)
Find numerous nurse data reports under RESOURCES tab.