How can we help you with your professional development and growth as a nurse?
One of the missions of the New Mexico Center for Nursing Excellence is to facilitate nurses' professional development and growth through the lifespan of their careers. We support this by providing education opportunities to nurses through a series of Preceptor and Leadership classes given throughout the state.
- Provide nurses with knowledge, skills and support as they begin their careers and assume new roles throughout their professional lives.
- Enhance the practice environment, positively impacting recruitment to and retention in the nursing profession.
- Develop the nurse leaders of tomorrow.
- Maximize available resources for professional development.
- NMCNE's programs will be guided by research and best practices (evidence based.)
- Providing professional development education is a partnership between NMCNE and the employer:
- We provide professional education that is common to all or most employers, freeing facility resources (example: leadership education.)
- Employers provide facility-specific education and training (example: orientation.)
- NMCNE's programs will be made conveniently available to all New Mexico nurses.
These classes provide preceptor development in coaching new graduates as well as experienced nurses new to their specialty area. Preceptors gain confidence to foster clinical competence, job satisfaction and personal growth.
The Preceptor classes cover:
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Roles of the Preceptor
- Novice to Expert
- Conflict Management
- Critical Thinking
- Teaching and Learning
These classes promote a nurse's ability to connect with and value the contribution they make. By studying creative leadership styles, nurses develop their unique strengths to cultivate professional practice. There are two series offered:
Leadership Series I: Five (5) 1-Day Classes
- Leadership Style
- Creating and Leading with Vision
- The Art of Social Interchange
- Creating Open, Cooperative Relationships
- Building a Team Challenged to Make a Difference
Leadership Series II: Five (5) 1-Day Classes
- Create and Lead with Vision
- Thoughtful Action Planning and Mindful Decision making
- Managing And Negotiating in the Workplace
- Coaching, Mentoring and Giving Performance Feedback
- New Perspectives on Time Management
Interested in bringing these classes to your organization's nurses? See how we can bring them to your facility and tailor them to your specific needs. Just contact us to start the conversation!