2015 Nightingale Nursing Scholarships
$1,000 Nightingale Scholarships are awarded by the New Mexico Center for Nursing Excellence to students in ADN, BSN, RN-to-BSN, and advanced degree programs.
We also partner with:
- The NM Association for Home Health & Hospice Care which awards a $1,000 scholarship for students planning to work in that field.
- And for the second year, the Albuquerque Chapter of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, who offers a $1,000 scholarship for nurses who are currently employed in a critical care or progressive care unit and are advancing their formal nursing education.
(Refer to each application for full criteria/requirements)
We are pleased to announce the 2015 Nightingale Scholarship recipients:
- Jocelyn Davis, Farmington, San Juan College (ADN)
- Lyric Hammonds, Albuquerque, Central New Mexico Community College (ADN)
- Creighton Burson, Gallup, UNM College of Nursing (BSN)
- Marie Sanchez, Albuquerque, UNM College of Nursing (BSN)
- Weihong Miao, Albuquerque, UNM College of Nursing (RN-to-NSN)
- Amy Gundelach, Albuquerque, Loyola University-Chicago (MSN)
See the winners receiving their scholarship checks! Click here!
We wish to acknowledge the support of the NM Board of Nursing in funding this year’s scholarships through a grant from the Nurse Excellence Fund.
We will announce the call for applications for the 2016 Nightingale Scholarships in November.
For the general NMCNE Nightingale Scholarship criteria and application.
(Awarded by NM Center for Nursing Excellence)
For Home Health and Hospice criteria and application ONLY.
(Awarded by NM Association for Home & Hospice Care)
For Critical Care criteria and application ONLY.
(Awarded by ABQ Chapter of AACN)
Nightingale Scholarship flyer for posting.