Welcome to our Online Community!
Advancing the Nursing Community:
A Decade of Success
Take a look at the Center's first 10 years!
The New Mexico Center for Nursing Excellence convenes and facilitates dialogue and action that results in excellence in nursing education, practice and work environment.
2014 New Mexico Nursing Excellence Awards
Congratulations to this year's Honorees!
Here is a list of all the Honorees.
This year marked the 10th year of the Center hosting the Nursing Excellence Awards!
The gala was held Saturday, October 11th at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya and, by all accounts, it was a great success.
To view photos of this wonderful evening, checkout the photographer's website.
Our thanks to some of those who helped made the night shine:
- Distracted by Decor for the wonderfully elegant tables and flowers
- Ray Mares for the stage and portrait photography
- Patrick Baldonado for providing the music
And a very special thanks to our all-volunteer planning committee. They work all year to make the NEA the wonderful event it is!
Narratives of Diversity: Creating Inclusive Environments
Friday, November 14, 9-4, $125, Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
Come explore how we, as nurses, can create an inclusive environment both for our patients and our colleagues. Join us for an interactive workshop facilitated by Dr. Kenya Beard and Joy Jacobson.
Presented in partnership with the NMNA Institute for Nursing Diversity.
Support from the NMNEC APIN grant.
Want to know what’s going on with the Center?
Here are some of the things we've done so far this year:
- The awarding of 6 Nightingale Scholarships to nursing students throughout the state
- Dr. Barbara Damron telling us What Every Nurse Needs to Know about Health Care Reform
- Facilitated discussions around the role of nursing in the health of New Mexicans
- A full-day Nursing Leadership Bootcamp
- Our 6th annual 2-day Nursing Educators Conference
- The 10th New Mexico Nursing Excellence Awards
Get on our mailing list so you get up-to-date information on upcoming offerings!
Do you know about NMNEC? Well, you should!
Find out how the NM Nursing Education Consortium is working toward a common core curriculum for nursing education in our state. Check them out!
Check out our Resources tab for many 2013 nurse data reports - and so much more!
It's been 4 years since the release of the landmark IOM report on nursing
The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health
See what progress has been made on the IOM recommendations!
Online Courses Available!
Continuing education courses from Pearl's Review &CE Direct.