Welcome to our Online Community!
Advancing the Nursing Community:
A Decade of Success
Take a look at the Center's first 10 years!
The New Mexico Center for Nursing Excellence convenes and facilitates dialogue and action that results in excellence in nursing education, practice and work environment.
2014 New Mexico Nursing Excellence Awards
Congratulations to this year's Honorees!
Here is a list of all the Honorees.
This year marked the 10th year of the Center hosting the Nursing Excellence Awards!
The gala was held Saturday, October 11th at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya and, by all accounts, it was a great success.
To view photos of this wonderful evening, checkout the photographer's website.
Call for applications for 2015 Nightingale Scholarships
The NMCNE will award $1,000 scholarships to students in the following nursing programs: ADN, BSN, RN-to-BSN, and post-graduate. We also have partners offering scholarships as well, so check out all the info - right here!
Want to know what’s going on with the Center?
Here are some of the things we've done in 2014:
- The awarding of 6 Nightingale Scholarships to nursing students throughout NM
- Dr. Barbara Damron told us What Every Nurse Needs to Know about Health Care Reform
- Hosted facilitated discussions around the role of nursing in the health of New Mexicans, resulting in a robust report
- A well received full-day Nursing Leadership Bootcamp
- Our 6th annual 2-day Nursing Educators Conference: Become a NMNEC Superuser
- The 10th annual New Mexico Nursing Excellence Awards
- Dr. Kenya Beard & Joy Jacobson led a full-day workshop: Narratives of Diversity: Creating Inclusive Environments
Get on our mailing list so you get up-to-date information on upcoming offerings for 2015!
Do you know about NMNEC? Well, you should!
Find out how the NM Nursing Education Consortium is working toward a common core curriculum for nursing education in our state. Check them out!
Check out our Resources tab for many nurse data reports - and so much more!
It's been 4 years since the landmark IOM report on nursing:
The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health
See what progress has been made on the IOM recommendations!
Online Courses Available!
Continuing education courses from Pearl's Review &CE Direct.