Welcome to our Online Community!
Advancing the Nursing Community
in New Mexico
Celebrating our "lucky 13" in 2016!
The New Mexico Center for Nursing Excellence convenes and facilitates dialogue and action that results in excellence in nursing education, practice and work environment.
2016 Nursing Excellence Awards
This year's event will be held on Saturday, October 29 at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort & Spa.
Congratulations to all of the 2016 NEA nominees!
We hope you will be able to join us in October so we can celebrate all of you.
Please RSVP here.
You can get all the information on the event just by clicking on the Nursing Excellence Awards tab on the menu bar above.
Tickets are $100 and we always sell out - so get them now!
2016 Nursing Educators Conference
"Creating a Culture of Civility in Healthcare from the Classroom to the Workplace"
This year's conference was a great success thanks to the contribution of our keynote speaker, Dr. Susan Luparell, as well as our other presenters and panelists.
We also wish to thank the sponsors who partnered with us this year:
- NM Nursing Education Consortium (NMNEC)
- UNM Foundation/UNM College of Nursing
- San Juan College
- Grand Canyon University
- Brookline College
2016 Nightingale Scholarships
Please join us in congratulating the 15 recipients of this year's Nightingale Scholarships!
Here's the list of names and here are some of those smiling faces!
We wish to thank the New Mexico Board of Nursing for a Nurse Excellence Fund grant for these scholarships.
NMCNE / NMAC / NMNEC - How are we all connected?
NMCNE (NM Center for Nursing Excellence); NMAC (NM Action Coalition); NMNEC (NM Nursing Education Consortium)
Hope this matrix helps you see the relationship between all these "NM" nursing organizations.
Want to know what’s going on with the Center?
Here are some of the things we did in 2015:
- The awarding of 6 Nightingale Scholarships to nursing students throughout NM
- Dr. Peter Buerhaus talked to us about The Future of the Nursing Workforce in the Era of Health Care Reform
- In June, we hosted our 7th (!) annual Nursing Educators Conference, Academic and Employer Partners: Transitioning Student Nurses to Clinical Practice.
- In September, we welcomed Dr. Julie Willems Van Dijk presenting Population Health: A Nursing Call to Action. Over 80 attendees heard how we can all do our part in helping to move toward a more health New Mexico.
- And on November 7th we hosted the 11th annual New Mexico Nursing Excellence Awards.
Get on our mailing list so you get up-to-date information on upcoming offerings for 2016!
Do you know about NMNEC? Well, you should!
Find out how the New Mexico Nursing Education Consortium is working toward a common core curriculum for nursing education in our state. Check them out!
Check out our Resources tab for many nurse data reports - and so much more!
It's been 5 years since the landmark IOM report on nursing:
The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health
See the new report showing how we're progressing on their recommendations.
Online Courses Available!
Continuing education courses from Pearl's Review &CE Direct.