Welcome to our Online Community!
Advancing the Nursing Community
in New Mexico
Celebrating a Dozen Years in 2015!
The New Mexico Center for Nursing Excellence convenes and facilitates dialogue and action that results in excellence in nursing education, practice and work environment.
2015 Nightingale Scholarships
The NMCNE will award $1,000 scholarships to students in the following nursing programs: ADN, BSN, RN-to-BSN, and post-graduate. We have closed the application process for this year.
Watch for the announcement of the 2015 Nightingale Scholarship winners in March!
The NMCNE Lecture Series is pleased to present Dr. Peter Buerhaus on:
The Future of the Nursing Workforce in the Era of Health Care Reform:
Implications for Nurses at All Levels of Education and Practice
Friday, March 13, 10:00-3:00, Crowne Plaza Albuquerque
Dr. Buerhaus is both a nurse and a nationally recognized healthcare economist well known for his studies and publications focused on the nursing and physician workforces in the United States.
Join us to hear about his latest research.
Just 2 weeks away so register now to hold your spot! click here
Gallup Poll: Nurses again top the list of most-trusted professionals.
Read all about it in new poll results released in December.
Want to know what’s going on with the Center?
Here are some of the things we presented in 2014:
- The awarding of 6 Nightingale Scholarships to nursing students throughout NM
- Dr. Barbara Damron told us What Every Nurse Needs to Know about Health Care Reform
- Hosted facilitated discussions around the role of nursing in the health of New Mexicans, resulting in a robust report
- A well received full-day Nursing Leadership Bootcamp
- Our 6th annual 2-day Nursing Educators Conference: Become a NMNEC Superuser
- The 10th annual New Mexico Nursing Excellence Awards
- Dr. Kenya Beard & Joy Jacobson led a full-day workshop: Narratives of Diversity: Creating Inclusive Environments
Get on our mailing list so you get up-to-date information on upcoming offerings for 2015!
Do you know about NMNEC? Well, you should!
Find out how the New Mexico Nursing Education Consortium is working toward a common core curriculum for nursing education in our state. Check them out!
Check out our Resources tab for many nurse data reports - and so much more!
It's been 4 years since the landmark IOM report on nursing:
The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health
See what progress has been made on the IOM recommendations!
Check out the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action's top accomplishments for 2014.
Online Courses Available!
Continuing education courses from Pearl's Review &CE Direct.