Welcome to our Online Community!
Advancing the Nursing Community
in New Mexico
Celebrating our "lucky 13" in 2016!
The New Mexico Center for Nursing Excellence convenes and facilitates dialogue and action that results in excellence in nursing education, practice and work environment.
We are pleased to introduce our new Executive Director!
Join us in welcoming our new Executive Director, Joseph P. Sánchez, PhD, MBA.
As our new leader, Joseph brings a wealth of talent and experience with the nursing profession to help move the Center forward in its mission.
Watch for news on this year's event on Saturday, October 29 at the Tamaya.
2016 Nursing Excellence Awards
We'll be putting out the "call for nominations" during Nurses Week.
Join us June 13-14 for this year's Nursing Educators Conference
"Creating a Culture of Civility in Healthcare from the Classroom to the Workplace"
Join us for our 8th annual conference as we explore best practices in bringing civility to all aspects of nursing from students and faculty in the academic setting to nurses in practice at all levels.
Click on the conference on our calendar of events at left for more information
2016 Nightingale Scholarships
or register now!
Please join us in congratulating the 15 recipients of this year's Nightingale Scholarships!
Here's the list of names and we'll post photos as soon as we have them.
We wish to thank the New Mexico Board of Nursing for a Nurse Excellence Fund grant for these scholarships.
NMCNE / NMAC / NMNEC - How are we all connected?
NMCNE (NM Center for Nursing Excellence); NMAC (NM Action Coalition); NMNEC (NM Nursing Education Consortium)
Hope this matrix helps you see the relationship between all these "NM" nursing organizations.
Want to know what’s going on with the Center?
Here are some of the things we did in 2015:
- The awarding of 6 Nightingale Scholarships to nursing students throughout NM
- Dr. Peter Buerhaus talked to us about The Future of the Nursing Workforce in the Era of Health Care Reform
- In June, we hosted our 7th (!) annual Nursing Educators Conference, Academic and Employer Partners: Transitioning Student Nurses to Clinical Practice.
- In September, we welcomed Dr. Julie Willems Van Dijk presenting Population Health: A Nursing Call to Action. Over 80 attendees heard how we can all do our part in helping to move toward a more health New Mexico.
- And on November 7th we hosted the 11th annual New Mexico Nursing Excellence Awards.
Get on our mailing list so you get up-to-date information on upcoming offerings for 2016!
Do you know about NMNEC? Well, you should!
Find out how the New Mexico Nursing Education Consortium is working toward a common core curriculum for nursing education in our state. Check them out!
Check out our Resources tab for many nurse data reports - and so much more!
It's been 5 years since the landmark IOM report on nursing:
The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health
See the new report showing how we're progressing on their recommendations.
Online Courses Available!
Continuing education courses from Pearl's Review &CE Direct.